Culturally Intelligent Coaching™ Certificate
WELCOME to our Private CQ Coaching Certificate Program!
Congratulations on your commitment to furthering your CQ and impact!
To earn the Culturally Intelligent Coaching™ Certificate which counts toward the total 24.5 ICF CCE (Continuing Coach Education) for the Certificate and Mentor Coaching combined (or 14.5 training hours toward your first credential, plus the 10 hours Mentor Coaching), you need to complete the requirements listed below. (keeping in mind our IP agreement, not to be shared) Recommendation: read The Coaches Guide to Becoming Culturally Confident prior to our first group session and listen to MOH Live Mentor Coaching Recording prior to our first individual session, then target the remaining readings and recordings for one per week so you have the opportunity to integrate your learning during our program.
1. READ (suggested order):
The Coaches Guide to Becoming Culturally Confident
The Successful Mind chapter-“Developing a Cultural Mindset for Success”
Breaking Free from Bias
2. WRITE a 150-200 word report and submit on Slack for each of the three readings including:
• What you learned;
• How you will use this learning in your coaching;
• What you are still reflecting on or want to learn more about.
3. REVIEW 6 recordings below (I plan to add more)
4. SUBMIT a completed feedback document for 4 of the recordings, and reports (following the instructions for the readings reports) for Setting the Agreement and Creating Awareness through Slack
- Note:for the MOH Live Mentor Coaching Recording, you have the option of submitting a 150-200 word report as you did for the readings or making notes in a Feedback document on your observations and learnings.
- Additional recordings may be added, and if so, you have the opportunity to choose which 6 to listen and submit reports.
- Integration of coaching and cultural competencies and application will also be discussed in our mentor coaching sessions and Slack. The Live Mentor Coaching Recording will hopefully ease your concerns about receiving feedback.
Notes: Please use the Checklist MOH Culturally Intelligent Mentor Coaching +Certificate xls in the Google Drive Essentials folder to track your progress for our program and the certificate/CCE, and submit it to me in Slack, identifying each submission, when completed.
You post your completed reports and documents as Slack direct messages to me, with each report titled so we can easily check your requirement completion, thanks.
5. DEMONSTRATE cultural intelligence proficiency in your coaching recordings by exploring culture and its impact with your clients.
6. ATTEND the one hour alumni-participant call mid-session. (Note: you will continue to be invited to this as an alumni during each cohort)
If you complete the requirements for the mentor coaching + certificate you may count 23 hours ICF Core Competency CCEs and 1.5 hours of Resource Development, (or training hours toward an initial credential via the Portfolio application for a total of 24.5 hours combined including the 10 hours Mentor Coaching.
Note: these materials are for program participants only, and you signed an agreement when you registered for the program as follows, thanks:
I understand and agree:I will not share either the recording or any means of accessing the recording, with anyone;I will use the recording exclusively for my own personal and professional development, not for training purposes.Reminder: This is part of our ICF Code of Ethics, Section !V, Responsibility to Society, that we pledge to as members:“As an ICF Professional, I:Recognize and honor the contributions and intellectual property of others, only claiming ownership of my own material. I understand that a breach of this standard may subject me to legal remedy by a third party.Ethical Interpretive Statement to Standard 26Intellectual property (IP) is a work or invention that is the result of creativity giving one the rights to apply for a patent, copyright, trademark etc. IP allows for the protection against brand misuse or abuse.This standard calls on the ICF Professional to recognize and honor the contributions and intellectual property rights of other’s published or originally created material. If someone else owns it, the ICF Professional cannot borrow, replicate, or duplicate it in any form without the explicit written permission of the owner or publisher.”
Leave this here as a placeholder
AUDIO: Marilyn O'Hearne Live Mentor Coaching January 2021
This recording is an example of my CQ mentor coaching and will hopefully help you feel more confident and relaxed about our process as well as emphasizing the importance of CQ in coaching. This recording passed at PCC level in 2021. Premiered on the Gail Moore Master Coaching Program. Click here for the transcript: MOH Live Mentor Coaching 1_21 transcript
AUDIO: Marilyn O'Hearne Coaching for ICF Chapter October 2016
This recording exemplifies the impact of the coaching cultural conversation early in the coaching session. Click here for the transcript: MOH Coaching for ICF Chapter Oct 2016_otter.ai transcript edited
leave this blank as a placeholder
Marilyn O'Hearne Master Leadership Coaching December 2017
This recording is an example of my initial coaching session with a leader for the Gail Moore Master Coaching program, used with permission Click here for the transcript, you can skip the first 3 minutes introduction and her conclusion as noted: M O’Hearne Master Coaching 12-14-17 transcript
leave this blank as a placeholder
AUDIO: Marilyn OHearne on Setting the Executive Coaching Agreement June 2019
This recording is an explanation of Setting the Coaching Agreement Coaching Competency, stressing the importance of clarity, including with the sponsor in executive coaching, for Establishing Trust and avoiding misunderstanding and triangulation.
2017 Coaching session ICF chapter MOH
Click here for transcript: 2017 Coaching session ICF chapter MOH_transcript
Core Competency 7 Evoking Awareness
Click here for the transcript: Core Competency 7 Creating Awareness transcript Siri_ Marilyn O’Hearne_otter