How are you experiencing the power of peace during this pandemic, when you may be facing loss or disharmony in your team, organization and/or life?
In another blog (stay tuned!) I identify Spiritual Intelligence as a key ingredient to individual and team success: “the ability to behave with wisdom and compassion (heart, love), while maintaining inner and outer peace, regardless of the situation.” (“Grace under fire”, including managing ambiguity, is a key characteristic of Executive Presence for leaders.)
Peace is always available/accessible to us, in any circumstance, “the Peace that passes understanding.”
Yet when I consider this world was created for all to be in harmony and peace and see the current suffering, my heart breaks. Combined with this, I experience the pain of impending loss as a loved one begins to say farewell to this life.
I am inspired by the United Nations leaders I have the privilege of coaching, living and working in the world’s “hotspots”, in the midst of disruption and pain. How do they experience Peace?
Partly by knowing they are living out their purpose and vision and that of their organization: “to maintain international peace and security; to develop friendly relations among nations; to cooperate in solving international economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems and in promoting respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; and to be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in attaining these ends.” That inspires me!
How can we experience Peace and thrive when our world is not reflecting it? Implement Your 5 Powerful Peace Plans today to thrive even in our tumultuous times!
1.Staying true to our values, purpose, vision. My UN and other leadership, team and mentor coaching clients inspire me to reflect on mine, making sure I am living them out. Integrity, living from values, contributes to inner peace! My Leadership, Team, Mentor Coaching and Coaching SUPERvision clients find this focus renewing. My vision board is within view as I work, inspiring me, like my clients do, to keep working toward a world where all have the opportunity to live into their full potential and experience prosperity and peace.
2. Gratitude: Recent research finds that people who practice gratitude consistently report a host of benefits (This has been taught spiritually for centuries!):
- Stronger immune systems and lower blood pressure
- Higher levels of positive emotions (including Peace, tranquility)
- More joy, optimism, and happiness
- Acting with more generosity and compassion
- Feeling less lonely and isolated.* (challenging for me right now, how about you?)
3. Choosing to put ourselves in settings where we open to Peace:
Some of my favorites (What are yours?):
- Creative expression, movement
- Quiet time, centering, praying. “The Fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness. Against such there is no law.”
4. Reflecting on a Peaceful Presence that is greater than ourselves-remembering we do not carry the weight of the world on our narrow shoulders Reaching out to God and others to share the load.(I have practices that help me remember this that I need multiple times a day, how about you? And I delight in reading how people are choosing to step up and share the load of our essential workers.)
5. Ego disarmament or “How to Painlessly Pierce Over-inflated Ego for Greater Results” because attachment to being right leads to a battlefield, not peace.
You are invited to apply for an Unlock Potential Strategy session to discover how:
- Executive, Leadership and Team Coaching with cutting edge Cultural Intelligence will benefit you, your team, and organization.
- Our Culturally Confident Credentialing Mentor Coaching Program can expand your coaching business, better serve your clients, and gain confidence in not only your Coaching Competencies but also your Cultural Intelligence. (ICF has eased requirements during this pandemic, including allowing more pro bono hours)
- I can add value through a program or presentation for your group, including Building Resilience
To our success, full potential, prosperity and peace-we are in this together!
Unlocking potential, prosperity and peace for leaders, coaches and their organizations through Leadership & Team Coaching, Mentor Coaching and Coaching Supervision
PS Additional resources for experiencing peace, renewal and resilience:
I feel led to offer 10 of my Renewing Your Spirit workbooks on a “pay as you can” basis, from publishing and shipping cost only to full price
I am co-hosting complimentary Coaching Supervision sessions April 15 and 30, 10 am Central. If interested, contact me [email protected] We do not have the capacity to open it to the general public.
Watch my centering video -it calls us to remember (and we can give thanks for) all the gifts, experiences that have brought us this far and will be with us as we move forward, contributing to peace and grace under fire. (check out podcast interviews on that page as well)
First published on the [email protected]/blog November 25, 2015 and updated